Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Agassi: “I used Brooke Shields”

By Mark Santo

LAS VEGAS- Retired tennis star Andre Agassi’s upcoming memoirs contain some very interesting revelations about the world’s former #1 player, including the bombshell that he used actress and ex-wife Brooke Shields. According to tennis reporter Malavia Washington, who was issued an advance copy of the book, Agassi used Shields starting in early 1997, shortly after he won the gold medal at the Atlanta Olympics.

Agassi, winner of six grand slam championships, confirmed the story, calling his marriage to Shields, “a dark, dark time.” According to Agassi, his marriage to Shields was a hollow, loveless sham. “I began using Brooke in early 1997, and continued using for approximately two years. It’s not something I’m proud of, but I was under a lot of pressure at the time. I was the face of Canon’s ‘Image is Everything’ ad campaign, and I really wasn’t playing well enough to live up to my own image. I tried new training techniques and different coaches, but no matter what I did, I was stuck in satellite tournaments. That’s when I got depressed and desperate and started using Brooke.”

[RIGHT- Chris Atkins, using Shields years before Agassi started the habit.]

When asked how he chose Shields over other Hollywood starlets, Agassi explained that his choices were limited. “I would have gone after Lisa Marie Presley, but I guess I wasn’t crazy enough for her publicity stunt. So I started watching movies, looking for vulnerable former child stars. When I saw The Blue Lagoon, I was immediately hooked: not only was she incredibly hot, but she had the mental scars of basically having a sex scene in front of the entire country at age 14. It was a natural fit.”

The news first broke when Washington posted a note on his Twitter account after receiving an advance copy of the book for review. The Twitter message read, “agassi used brooke… 1997… after olympiks b4 win french… more details…” The message has since been deleted from Washington’s account.

When asked why the copy of the book was leaked now, Agassi said, “it’s for publicity for my new book. That reminds me, can I get a plug in? The book is called ‘Open: An Autobiography’ and it hits stores November 9th. And let me tell you, if you liked this juicy fact, there’s lots more in the book for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment